Director of Development, Individual Programs and Operations
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Development, Individual Programs, is charged with expanding CSG's mass and mid-level and sustaining programs in order to implement a comprehensive, multi-channel, donor-centric fundraising program which will include gifts up to $100,000. The Director will pair leading best practices in the field with creative solutions to direct all aspects of mass and mid- and sustaining-level giving through face-to-face, phone solicitation, direct mail, digital activities, donor database maintenance, appeal segmentation, donor acknowledgement and stewardship. This person will align strategies with CSG's established fundraising process with a goal of broadening the donor base, increasing giving level, establishing a donor retention program and building strong donor pipelines for future mid-level, major, and principal gifts. The Director will be expected to ensure alignment of the Program with all fundraising activity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build strategy and execute all aspects of a multi-faceted, donor centric sustaining mass and mid-level program to ensure department goals are attained while continuing to use our established Fundraising Processes as an integral component of the program.
- Support donor management process for team including CRM database tracking, financial reports, document updates and other team projects as directed by CDO.
- Research potential donors to gain insights into priorities, relationships and other charitable giving to understand how to most effectively position camp for funding.
- Effectively set and deliver on ambitious goals. Prioritize qualified, high value donors and build relationships with those with the greatest potential to make significant gifts.
- Manage a portfolio of 120-150 individual donors. Continuously build the donor pipeline. Manage portfolio with a straightforward and efficient process, documenting donor interaction and pipeline movement in the database of record.
- Develop and execute on donor engagement plans, including recognition, stewardship and fulfillment reporting.
- Serve as lead project manager for accounts within your portfolio, coordinating engagement of program, marketing and fundraising teams to meet or exceed partnership deliverables through events, campaigns and additional fundraising opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, non-profit management or related program. Minimum of five to seven years of experience in fundraising, managing a diverse portfolio of donors, and with a proven record qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding five - seven figure gifts.
- Exceptional project management and verbal and written communication skills.
- Graceful and resilient under pressure, highly responsive, resourceful and open minded.
- Motivated by ambitious goals and deadlines.
- Adaptable and able to multi-task.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Team player with excellent customer service, problem solving and organization skills.
- High degree of professionalism, attention to detail, discretion and sound judgement.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, CRM databases, Raiser's Edge experience preferred and, proficient use of research platforms, such as Foundation Directory, Donor Search and RelSci.