Amber and I know how unexpectedly difficult times are right now and we are compiling and creating resources to send to you for fun and engagement for the entire family.There are 2 things that are absolutely essential to our camp programming: Music and Arts & Crafts! Right now, we're going to walk you through a fun craft that brings these 2 things together. Kix has instruments the whole family can make, using household supplies, to start your own spontaneous family band. Who knows, maybe you guys will be the next Zac Brown Band when all of this is over!
Here's what you'll need:
- Empty cereal box
- A cardboard paper towel tube
- Rubber bands
- Box cutter or scissors
- Decorative supplies
- Trace a large circle on the center of the cereal box and carefully cut it out. If you are using scissors, poke a hole in the center of the circle first and then cut the rest from there.
- Trace a circle on the top of the cereal box using the paper towel role. Then cut out the circle and insert the paper towel tube.
- Use tape to seal all around the box and secure the tube to your future guitar.
- Stretch different sized rubber bands around the box and tape the rubber bands in place on the top and bottom of box. Decorate guitar as desired.
- Make a guitar pick out of the circles you previously cut out. More details are available on Kix.
Enjoy some beautiful music together or send the kids outside to entertain the neighborhood (at a distance from everyone)and give yourself a break.We'll be sending out more craft and activity ideas in the days to come, including some Stories with Stan and Cooking with Collins.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you during this time. We love and care for our camp family and want to support you in any way we can.Talk to you soon!